Sunday, April 12, 2015

Europe Day 1-Lunerne, Switzerland

WYesterday: Hands down, the best plane ride I've ever been on in my life! OR maybe I'm
just too used to flying cheap crappy allegiant airlines. Delta was amazing! We had 3 meals, multiple snacks and drinks, free movies/tv/games on our own personal screen. They also gave us earbuds and a sleeping mask. Before each meal they came around with hot towels to wash our hands. I hope the ride home's just as good.
A few things:
-The Amsterdam airport is dirty until you go through customs and then it's like a shopping mall
-I'm really greatful for all the services avaliable to help my Gma get to and from the gates. Some of the time, I even get to ride!

- Being congested on an airplane sucks
-We couldn't figure out how to turn on the lights or flush the toilet in our hotel

Yestersay we slept most of the evening. After being awake for 24 hrs we were exhausted. I didn't even know my body could do that! 
Today I went on a walking tour through Lucerne for 2 hours. Gma stayed behind and went on one by train later in the afternoon.  Our hotel is right on the Lucerne lake and at the bottom of the snowy alps, it's very pretty!



There's a lot of pretty amazing history in this city. This is an old church.

This is their water tower and that long wooden bridge burned down in the 90's and was rebuilt. There are some amazing paintings in it. Swans everywhere in the lake. 

This church was breath taking. 


Some of the little shops 






This was the cherry on top to our day. Dinner at Fritschi's. When in Switzerland, eat Swiss cheese and chocolate! We had cheese fondue to start us off.  


Their house special which was heaven in my mouth: Mushroom cream sauce with Veal in this pot pie flaky crust, rice and veggies.

I forgot to take a picture of the dessert but it was Apple streusel with drizzled chocolate, vanilla bean ice cream and more delishness. 

The currency here is the Swiss franc but they also accept the Euro. It's fairly comparable to the dollar so I can tell how much things really cost. 
We're 9 hours ahead so I can talk to Luis and the kids in the morning home time. He told me Lily was kissing the pictures of me on his phone, she misses me:)

Tomorrow: up into the Alps on Mt Titlis.


No comments:

Post a Comment