Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Spontaneous trip day 3-6

Well, we headed down the road (9 hours to be exact) into the night, LA bound. I was frantically trying to book a hotel so we didn't have to bum it in the car. 

I think i need to start out by saying I'm greatful my husband took so many pictures because this is about all I intended up with...





Side note****
Yolo, California exists.

Finally, after Sacramento, I found a cute little place to stay called the Candy Cane Inn, thanks to our good friend Mary Ellen. They had stayed there before and loved it just as much as we did. It is one of the original hotels near Disneyland, right behind California Adventures Cars Land. Let me tell you, it was so cute and clean. The staff were amazing. They had the best continental breakfast near the pool area. When we go back, that's where we'll be staying! It may be older but it's not outdated at all, it has character.

After arriving at 2am and a semi good nights rest, we woke up bright and early and headed to Disney!

Lily hated her first ride!


Unfortunately Cruella Deville was the only character Sol got a picture with and "she's mean" he said. She was making him act like a puppy. He wasn't happy about it one bit. 

We made the teacups go really fast! Mr Mendoza doesn't like spiny rides...so naturally we tried to go faster!


Love my chubby girl!


Here are just a few of the many,
many, MANY times these two went on Splash Mountain. 


Forrest Gump rode this carrousel in Saving Mr Banks. I really liked that movie. 




Sol was pretty dang excited to meet Tow-mater! Which by the way, there really are people in there driving.




Some waiting in line selfies!



The Bugs Land water splash pads were a big hit. It was super hot that day. Over the 3 days at the parks we went through several changes of clothes because they got so wet!


You better watch out if you fall asleep in Sols presence. He will pry your eyes open. 

I don't do good with heights, this ride made my stomach turn and all it did was go up and down...slowly. It's a kiddie ride. Sol and I also did the swings, right after lunch. It almost came back up. 



Newport Beach is freakin amazing. One of my favorite places to visit. What I love the most are the super cool houses that line the sand. I am determined to own one someday. I wish we could've stayed longer. 

Last but not least..after a lot of driving, 3 long days in the hot sun, maybe 2 naps between the two of them they crashed hard.


On the last day, we met up with one of Mr Mendozas friends from his mission. They live near Anaheim and invited us to their home for breakfast. It was nice to meet his wife Ashley and little guy Ethan. He and lily are about the same age. 
That night we went to dinner with Mr Mendozas a Aunt Leti and cousin Amy. They're amazing and luckily we've gotten to see them a few times when we've traveled to Cali. Amy is a total foodie like us and always takes us somewhere new. This time 
they took us to a Brazillian buffet. My mouth is literally watering just thinking about this place. Hands down the best restaurant I've ever eaten at. 

All in all this little trip was a ton of fun. We got to enjoy each other and learn a lot of patience. Even after 14 LONG hours in the car, I still love my husband and two sweet kids. Hopefully we can do it again very soon (except maybe fly)!
















No comments:

Post a Comment