Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spontaneous trip day 1 & 2

There's a small part if my husband that is just plain crazy and it's rubbing off on me. We got in the car Wednesday after work (kids in tow) and drove to Redding, CA. 
Why, you might ask...well because that's where the closest In-n-Out burger is located and he's been craving a hamburger. Weird, I know, but it's turning into quite the spontaneous road trip.
Milestones thus far:

-Lily puked before we even got to Grants Pass (viewer beware!!!) I know we're bad parents, we'll Mr. Mendoza is. He was more worried about taking pictures of her than cleaning it up.



-The car now has a particular smell to it after baking in the sun. Gross.

-Burgers at 10:30 at night



-We stayed the night in a semi ghetto hotel and played all day today at a water park which had terrible reviews but we had a great time! I haven't seen sol have so much fun in a while, we'll worth the crazy drive. He made a good friend named Broady, so cute.



We went on this super cool water slide. They were actually kind of scary and Sol couldn't get enough of them!
Don't worry, I'm not flashing, even though that's probably what everyone thought. My bathing suit has this granny-ish flap on it and is nude colored underneath. 
We had so much fun!




-Bug crashed


Our plan was to drive home, however last minute decided to drive down to Disneyland! I only packed for 1 day and should've known better. SO we ran to Old Navy and I raided their clearance rack as fast as I possibly could for a family of 4 for four days. 
As the song says, we're "On the road again". 9 hours to go...why do we do these things again???





No comments:

Post a Comment